WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

StayAwake - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* StayAwake > Topics

Subject: What kind of meat jehovah's wi
Replies: 8 Views: 1287

jayc08 22.06.10 - 03:03am
What kind of meat jehovah's witnesses don't eat?

Individually, we may choose to eat or choose not to eat any kind of food available. The only exception is that we absolutely will NOT EAT any kind of food which contains blood.

We are told in Acts 15:28 & 29 - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Although there may be some residual blood in well drained meat, Jehovah is the one who gives us permission to eat such meat as long as we make reasonable efforts to remove the blood from it.

We see this in Genesis 9:3 & 4: Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

jayc08 22.06.10 - 03:26am
Leviticus, Chapter 11

and the pig, which does indeed have hoofs and is cloven-footed, but does not chew the cud and is therefore unclean for you.

Their flesh you shall not eat, and their dead bodies you shall not touch; they are unclean for you.

However, in the New Testament, this law was lifted. Because of Jesus' death on the cross (and resurrection),
sacrifices were no longer needed as Jesus was the final sacrifice and faith in Him was the only way man could be pure before God. It was no longer necessary for God's people to leave by these strict rules.

Was not the eating of blood also in the old testament?

ANSWER:

Under the Law. the pig was among the unclean animals Jews were not to eat. They were never to eat the blood from the clean animals. Before meat was consumed, the blood had to be drained first. Under the Law, the only use of blood was for sacrificial purposes ONLY by the priests at the temple. After the Law came to an end, pork was allowed as a food for Christians, but the blood had to be drained before the meat could be eaten.

The command for Christians to abstain from blood was a carry-over from what God said to Noah about blood, showing that Jehovah considered eating blood a violation then and now. Acts 15:20

jayc08 22.06.10 - 03:47am
read also ACTS !):1-35

1Now in Caesarea there was a certain man named Cornelius, an army officer of the Italian band, as it was called, 2 a devout man and one fearing God together with all his household, and he made many gifts of mercy to the people and made supplication to God continually. 3 Just about the ninth hour of the day he saw plainly in a vision an angel of God come in to him and say to him: Cornelius! 4 The man gazed at him and, becoming frightened, said: What is it, Lord? He said to him: Your prayers and gifts of mercy have ascended as a remembrance before God. 5 So now send men to Joppa and summon a certain Simon who is surnamed Peter. 6 This man is being entertained by a certain Simon, a tanner, who has a house by the sea. 7 As soon as the angel that spoke to him had left, he called two of his house servants and a devout soldier from among those who were in constant attendance upon him, 8 and he related everything to them and dispatched them to Joppa.

9 The next day as they were pursuing their journey and were approaching the city, Peter went up to the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they were preparing, he fell into a trance 11 and beheld heaven opened and some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four extremities upon the earth; 12 and in it there were all sorts of four-footed creatures and creeping things of the earth and birds of heaven. 13 And a voice came to him: Rise, Peter, slaughter and eat! 14 But Peter said: Not at all, Lord, because never have I eaten anything defiled and unclean. 15 And the voice [spoke] again to him, the second time: You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed. 16 This occurred a third time, and immediately the vessel was taken up into heaven.

17 Now while Peter was in great perplexity inwardly over what the vision he had seen might mean, look! the men dispatched by Cornelius had made inquiries for Simons house and stood there at the gate. 18 And they called out and inquired whether Simon who was surnamed Peter was being entertained there. 19 As Peter was going over in his mind about the vision, the spirit said: Look! Three men are seeking you. 20 However, rise, go downstairs and be on your way with them, not doubting at all, because I have dispatched them. 21 So Peter went downstairs to the men and said: Look! I am the one YOU are seeking. What is the cause for which YOU are present? 22 They said: Cornelius, an army officer, a man righteous and fearing God and well reported by the whole nation of the Jews, was given divine instructions by a holy angel to send for you to come to his house and to hear the things you have to say. 23 Therefore he invited them in and entertained them.

The next day he rose and went off with them, and some of the brothers that were from Joppa went with him. 24 On the day after that he entered into Caesarea. Cornelius, of course, was expecting them and had called together his relatives and intimate friends. 25 As Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell down at his feet and did obeisance to him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying: Rise; I myself am also a man. 27 And as he conversed with him he went in and found many people assembled, 28 and he said to them: YOU well know how unlawful it is for a Jew to join himself to or approach a man of another race; and yet God has shown me I should call no man defiled or unclean. 29 Hence I came, really without objection, when I was sent for. Therefore I inquire the reason that YOU have sent for me.

30 Accordingly Cornelius said: Four days ago counting from this hour I was praying in my house at the ninth hour, when, look! a man in bright raiment stood before me 31 and said, Cornelius, your prayer has been favorably heard and your gifts of mercy have been remembered before God. 32 Send, therefore, to Joppa and call for Simon, who is surnamed Peter. This man is being entertained in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. 33 Therefore I at once sent to you, and you did well in coming here. And so at this time we are all present before God to hear all the things you have been commanded by Jehovah to say.

34 At this Peter opened his mouth and said: For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

soldier2 22.06.10 - 06:09pm
jayc were Noah and his family Jews?

halman 23.06.10 - 11:01am
Being a baptised Jehovah's Witness,I decided on personal grounds to be vegetarian about 21 yrs ago.Its not wrong to eat meat as God permits it.As long as meat is properly bled and not strangled,keeping the blood in. Some meat based foods have blood added such as black pudding in the UK,and certain types of sausage.Jehovah's Witnesses are careful and discerning,when buying meat products. *

soldier2 23.06.10 - 03:29pm
halman I'm part vegetarian.I eat fish and eggs.No meat. *

soldier2 23.06.10 - 03:31pm
But I will ask you the same question.Were Noah and his family Jews? *

halman 24.06.10 - 01:56pm
Hi soldier! Part veggie eh,that's fine too.Jayc's busy so I'll answer.No,Noah and family were not Jews,as the word means 'of (belonging to) Judah.And we know that the tribe didn't exist until time of Moses etc.The word 'Jew' wasnt used in the bible account before the 10 tribe kingdom fell.The southern kingdom was called Judah and after the exile, the name 'Jew' was applied to any Israelite returning.Finally,
It applied to all Hebrews throughout the world,distinguisgng them from the Gentile nations. *

halman 24.06.10 - 02:13pm
The first one to use the name Jews,was the writer of the book of Kings. 2 Kings 16:6; 25:25. Noah,in the stream of time, was born appx. just 126yrs after Adam had died. So again,wasn't a Jew.Counting from Noah in Luke 3:33,Judah the man,is 14th in line. *

* StayAwake Forum

Search:
topics replies

* StayAwake

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search